Over the coming weeks we’ll introduce you to the team of individuals who are helping establish LaFontaine Learning Community. We’re excited to share about their hearts for this program, along with the unique skills and experience each one brings to the team. Let’s begin with the person who will lead the child care components of the program!
CHILD CARE DIRECTOR
- Hometown: Marion, Indiana
- Family: Son – Tyler (Age 14)
- Education: Childhood Development Associate Credential, Bachelor’s Degree from Ball State University, and currently working on Master’s Degree from Indiana Wesleyan University
- Experience: St. Paul Preschool – 7 years
- Reasons She’ll Be Awesome: She’s already taken a program literally all the way up the ladder of quality standards, reaching the highest level possible in Indiana! She loves organization, binders, manuals, and all things administrative. She strongly believes in creating a quality program that benefits both children and parents!
Questions for Michelle
Tell us a little about yourself.
I am 41 years old and have been a preschool teacher in a Christian ministry for 7 years. My hobbies include reading, cooking, shopping, and spending time with my family. I’m a huge sports fan! I believe that God has led me to this position and I can’t wait to get started!
What do you love about working with children?
I love the look of excitement on their faces when they accomplish something for the first time. I enjoy using the interests of the child to help enhance their learning. Each child has a way of learning that is unique to them. Children are excited about learning and that excitement is contagious.
What excites you most about this new role?
I am most excited about getting to know the children and families. I am excited to be given the opportunity to work with Evan and Laura to create a childcare program that is focused on the whole child. I want our families to feel comfortable and welcome from the beginning.
What can families expect by being a part of LLC?
Families can expect a high quality learning environment that teaches Christian values. We will use a hands-on approach in teaching that will include monthly themes and daily lesson plans. Each day will give children an opportunity to learn and grow at their own pace. Children will also be given opportunities daily to make free choices in play. I will have an open door policy with families and staff. We will provide quality care from the beginning. One of our goals is to become a Level 4 Path to Quality program.